Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Beautiful Apparition


Something you will only ever see in England. The reassuring sight of a big delivery of Marston’s Pedigree. Seen here outside a new bar on Queen’s Road, Sansomes, named after the drapery store that used to be there. The only place left where one could still purchase a String Vest.

Easy to let the mind wander for the everyday tasks and imagine the waters filtering across the gypsum of Derbyshire, south to Burton-on-Trent where noble men brew, and I mean BREW, Pedi. Oak barrels and brass pipes. Centuries of history. Unchanged methods, all resulting in the perfect pint, and I’ve supped well this evening as you may guess. Cheers and sorry for the absence.

3 comments:

Ron Combo said...

Yet another bar? And all Peddied up? I'd better get over!

Peter Ashley said...

Welcome back Toby, I'll be over too. As soon as I saw it I knew Ron would start slavering, like I did this afternoon over a Soreen Malt Loaf.

Affer said...

I like the idea of the draymen from Marston's and Carling exchanging insults as they unloaded!